About this course:
The Level 3 Foundation Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management is a program consisting of practical and theoretical experience and an internship.
It is aimed at equipping learners with the knowledge and skills to succeed both academically and professionally in the world of hospitality and tourism. This is a foundational, entry level program designed especially for students with minimal work experience and limited academic qualifications. The learner should be aiming to develop their knowledge and skills with the desire to enter the hospitality and tourism sectors.
The purpose of the Foundation Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management is to:
- Provide students with an understanding of the Hospitality & Tourism industry and of the key functions within the sector.
- Provide for an effective academic progression route.
- Enable students to gain credits towards higher education.
- Enable students to develop higher level academic skills that can be applied in a vocational context.
The assessment methodology has been designed around a combination of exams, practical experience, assignments, papers, quizzes, and an internship. These methods will help ensure that students are progressing in a manner that prepares them to succeed in the workplace.
Total duration = 1 year
Essentials of Human Resources and Business Computing and Tourism and Hospitality
Essentials of Marketing and Customer Relationship in Tourism and Hospitality
Tourism and Hospitality Industry
Essentials of Tourism and Hospitality Operations
Essential Study Skills
Accreditation: The Awarding body is the Confederation of Tourism & Hospitality (CTH) located in the United Kingdom. This program is also approved by the Mauritius Qualifications Authority (MQA).
CTH Level 3 (UK)
Cost: The program fee has been fixed at $3,500 USD for international students and at 95,000 MUR for Mauritian students. Students should note that there will be a CTH examination fee of $250 USD. Expenses, such as housing and living expenses, are not included in the price mentioned above.
- Minimum age: 16 years of age at the time of enrollment
- English Competency: Students without English as a first language should provide an IELTS score of 5.0 or other proof of competency
- Academic Background: Minimum academic achievement of “O”-Level or School Certificate (SC)
Admission Process: To apply, students must submit an application form, a copy of passport (or National Identity Card for Mauritians), and a copy of all previous school results.
*For more information about the costs, expenses, housing or other aspects, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org